It’s that time of year where all the sparkles, trinkets, and pretty papers come out to play! I was so excited to put together this DIY…it’s only been on my to do list for the last 3 holiday seasons LOL. I remember making these in elementary school and it being so much fun…They didn’t make it home, of course popping them was way more fun. This time around, however, I thought I would go fancier than the usual 😉 and use funkier tissue paper designs and wrap. My forever favourite is Rifle Paper Co. anything or Abbie Paulhus Illustrations. But there are so many cute wraps out there to choose from, so go nuts!
For this project you will need:
- Wrapping paper (Cut to the size of the recycled toilette paper tube)
- Recycled Toilette Paper Tube
- Tissue Paper
- Cracker Snaps
- Small items and/or Candy to fill
- Decorative items like pom poms or pipe cleaners
- Glue Gun
I found these cute nutcracker ornaments at Michaels!
- Insert your cracker snap centred in the toilet paper tube. Tape one end down to the tube from the inside. This will hold it in place when you go to grab the ends later to pop the cracker. Next, add your treats inside.
2. Roll the tissue paper over the tube and tape it to hold it in place. The ends at this point will be much longer than needed. However, wait to trim them to a later step.
3. Cut your wrapping paper to the width and length of your toilet paper tube. Leave your self about an inch in extra length to work with. Then, wrap it around the tube and tape in place.
4. Next, tie a couple pieces of ribbon around the ends of your crackers and trim the excess off the ends.
5. Now the fun begins. Feel free at this point to add additional decorations to your crackers like pipe cleaners, pom poms, sparkles, stickers, etc. I added pom poms to the ends of mine using a glue gun. Others I just left as bows.
That’s it! Super easy right?! The only thing to note is to not fall in love…their days are numbered and I am already sad to have to pop mine soon! Haha
Let me know your thoughts below! If you make some of your own crackers, be sure to show me by using the tag #ohsomonaDIY. I can’t wait to see! Happy Crafting!